Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Latest KAC Photos



I'll be putting the finishing touches on today. Still waiting on the window film, but that should arrive in the next week. I've really enjoyed developing and executing this project. The space was tricky and it was the first time I had to work around foot traffic. It's been beneficial to blog through the process. I always document my process as part of the process - it helps me make future decisions about the piece and is a literal embodiment of the history of marks made. I want the work to capture time like a film still. I also want to create a time-based experience for the viewer that causes them to take note of their surroundings and hopefully find new humorous or puzzling moments every time they walk through. It's also an exercise in tackling a conventional space with common objects used as value and shape on a human scale.