Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer is upon us


Rodeo Beach at Headlands Center for the Arts

The old military gym where Esther and I worked.

Cut vinyl text inside the old gym.

I spent last week collaborating on a 2 minute performance with Esther Baker-Tarpaga at Headlands Center for the Arts in the Bay Area. We presented our piece, Revisit, as part of the Performance Studies International Conference at Stanford. I played a small music box while Esther displayed and then removed cut vinyl text from her body.

2013 Installation sketch for Neddy at Cornish Exhibition

In May, I was nominated for the Neddy at Cornish Award. I will be teaching Drawing Foundations and an Installation Intensive there this month. I will also be spending a good part of the summer developing a new installation for the Sept 4th exhibition of nominees and awardees. Wish me luck!